persevere

Dipping a toe back into the world of blogging - I haven't done this in YEARS, so I'm feeling awfully rusty and out of place. Like all good things, it's going to take dedication and a little effort.

I'd like to talk a lot (pretty much mainly) about this huge lifestyle change I'm trying to make. What a buzzy little phrase - lifestyle change. When you wake up one morning, sick and extremely overweight, and decide that no one else is going to live your crappy life for you, you embrace the idea of a lifestyle change.

Mine began with help from Advocare. I don't sell it, I don't claim that it works for everyone, and I'm not even sure it works for me. When you drop a cool chunk of change on some products, however, it makes you stick to the program. While doing a 24 Day Challenge, I pushed pause on all my old eating habits and started anew. Y'all, it's hard. It's even harder to do it during the holiday season in the middle of parties and awesome food.

And I survived.

So here I am, down almost thirty pounds (and still not fitting into decent clothing, damn it), trying so hard to push through and hit that first goal weight. It's funny how you almost become addicted to fitness, to good and REAL food, to seeing that scale number slowly drop. You crave the feeling you get when you finish that workout, when you can button those pants, when those pants become too big. It's amazing! You just have to push yourself to get UP and get OUT. I do nothing more (right now) than walk a little over 3.5 miles at least 5 times a week. I try to watch my eating habits, and I see slow and consistent results. I still struggle every single day to get up and get out, but I know the feeling that waits for me at the end is sooooooo much better than the feeling I'll be stuck with if I don't do something.

The struggle is real. Some days it's REALLY real. Some days you eat two helpings of lasagna with the good, buttery bread and follow that with sugar snacks. Some days you watch everything you eat and feel amazing about your dedication. It comes and it goes. But each day is the chance to push reset, to forget about your crappy food, to do a little more to make up for that AMAZING meal.

Today is your day. Choose to do something that makes you feel spectacular.

Comments

Popular Posts